It is fantastic to see Macmillan Cancer Support launching a new service which will enable anyone and support from day one of their cancer diagnosis and support from day one of their cancer journey.
Macmillan will be offering assistance covering topics like:
- Learning about your cancer type and possible side effects of treatment
- Planning and managing your finances including benefits you may be entitled to
- Talking about our diagnosis with loved ones and children
- How to go about sharing your diagnosis with colleagues at work and the effects the diagnosis may have on your work life
- How to follow a healthy diet during treatment
As well as some of the issues Macmillan is famous for, talking people through chemo or surgery, helping organise wigs and skincare, supporting carers and signposting to local assistance.
If you think this could help you, sign up to the scheme by clicking here
In Tamworth we have a fantastic Fundraiser Voluntary team who make sure all money raised or donated locally, stays in the local area for the benefit of local people. They are always looking for more people to get involved, whether affected by cancer or wanting to learn more and support the community. Visit their site to get involved here.