Together We're Better the group looking into the Staffordshire and Stoke On Trent health care are encouraging local people to have their say in a public consultation on the future of local NHS care.
I was given short notice on this event as were other Staffordshire MPs who are seeing the same events appear in their constituencies. I question why we are going through this again only two years on from the first consultations when Tamworth residents spoke loud and clearly that they want their care to remain in the local area. This public conversation needs to be widely advertised so please share the information.
If you are a patient, carer or take interest in our local hospitals and care facilities, I would urge you to take part in the consultation.
Together We're Better is a partnership of the NHS and local government organisations working alongside Healthwatch and the voluntary and community sector.
Their 12 week public consultation will build on the NHS Long Term Plan that was published in January 2019. Local conversations will focus on
- Simplifying the local and urgent emergency care system
- Developing a new vision for health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke On Trent which is focussed on high quality community based care centred on the citizen – this will include maternity services, mental health services and planned care (surgery and outpatients)
- How the local health and care system can embrace and fully utilise new technology and ensure the buildings we deliver services from are fit for purpose
- Reviewing the use and function of the community hospitals in South Staffordshire
- Exploring what ‘integration of health and care services’ really means for local people
- Identifying additional priorities that will deliver clinical and financial stability.
I hope as many local residents will be present as possible and you can reserve a ticket to attend the event by clicking here
**EDIT** due to the popularity of this event, 60 places are now available - keep signing up and have your say on local care.